REBUILD THE PARTY FOR SOCIALIST REVOLUTION
1. THE BACK GROUND
After Our 14TH Party Congress held at Lucknow in 2001, we have organized three National Council Meetings in New Delhi, Kolkata and Madurai. We have discussed the organizational matters in detail in these Council Meetings. We have conducted several mass movements independently and jointly with other left parties for the welfare of the general masses and hold high the banner of our party above all hurdles. The time has come to think loudly how we can rebuild India in Netaji’s Way. The answer to this question is, without rebuilding our Party as visualized by Netaji’s we will not be able to achieve our goal.
While explaining the importance of forward Bloc, Netaji said ‘ I would like to remind you of the historical role of the Forward Bloc. The Bloc has come into being as the result of historical necessity. It is not the creation of an individual or of a group of individuals. So long as it will serve a historical purpose, it will live and thrive despite all obstacles, internal or external. We should also bear in mind that the forward bloc will have a role to play in the post struggle phase and it will have to build up a new India and happy India on the basis of the eternal principle of liberty, democracy and socialism. Let us not commit the fatal mistake of thinking that our mission will be over, once we win our freedom. The organization or party that wins freedom must take the responsibilities of post war reconstruction. Only in this manner will continuity of progress be maintained.
Therefore, our party is a product of historical necessity. Netaji further said, ‘regarding the future career of the Forward Bloc we may confidently say that if it is the product of historical necessity, it will not die. If it has a philosophical justification, it will surely endure. And if it serves the cause of India, of humanity and human progress, it will live and grow and no power on earth will ever destroy it.’
We have a great founder leader. We have the ideals and political philosophy of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. We have a glorious past. We have a historical background. We have independent principles and political opinions. But even then we have failed to build up the party as per the aspirations of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. It was mainly due to lack of scientific and proven policy framework capable to politicize and channelise the support base.
In recent years we have, of course, achieved a lot for developing a group of cadres all over the country, who are able to carry the flag and banner of our country in a scientific and systematic way. Still, it would be our continuing endeavour to transform our traditional popular mass into a cadre-based class party.
II. WHAT KIND OF PARTY
It is pertinent question that what kind of party Netaji visualized and what we have to do build up such a party.
V. Report on Organisation------ a short review
ACTIVITIES OF THE PARTY
During the period in between the 14th and 15th party congress, apart fro9m participation in the parliament, legislative assembly and local body elections, the party actively and relentlessly organized several mass movements to propagate the ideals of Party and against the anti-people policies of the central and state government . Several progrmmes were organized against the increasing imperialist machinations in our country.
· The party vigorously organized campaigns on Rebuild India in Netaji’s way’
· The Party organized countrywide protest programme from 16ht January to n23rd January 2002 against the visit of Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee to the Renkoji Temple , Tokyo where the so-called ashes of Netaji were reportedly kept.
· The party launched a two month relentless campaign on Oppose MNCs and Reisist Imperialist Designs across the country. The Party organized Dharnas, Picketings and Blocklade in front of MNCs and offices of imperialist force in India like world Bank ,IMF WTO, American consulate FBI Offices etc. This campaign commenced on 23rd January 2002 the birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and culminated on 23rd March 2002 , the Martyrdom day of Bhagat Singh.
· The party organized Party Schools during the period of Juy-August 2002 in different states.
· The party organized mass demonstrations throughout the country against the war preparations of US imperialism over Iraq on 7th February 2003 . Almost all the units of the party burnt the effigy of George W.Bush, the President of USA.
· The Party organized anti-imperialist conferences and rallies on 19th March 2003 in commemoration of the Anti-Compromise conference organized by Netaji’s Chandra Bose at Ramgarh in 1940.
· The Party Launched a nationwide movement in accordance with the spirit of the 8 point programme and the principles of liberty, equality social justice, democracy discipline and love to Rebuild India in Netaji’s way’ adopted in the National Council meeting held at KolKata on 16-17 August 2003.
· The party organized various programmes in August 2003 against the verdict of Supreme Court all the right to strike by the employees.
· All the lower units of the party organized street corner meetings, protest rallies etc. from 10th to 14th September 2003 (Cancun Meeting of WTO) to register our resentment on the onslaught of developed countries on the developing countries through WTO
· All the lower units of the party organized people’s campaign against MNCs and to burn the effigy of Coca cola and Pepsi and decided to boycott MNC soft drinks in August 2003.
· The Party observed the 79th birthday of Com. Chinta Basu as Solidarity Day for Anti-Imperialist struggle’ The party organized in International seminar at kolkata on 25th December 2003, in which delegates from China, North korea, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Vietnam ,m Cuba, Bangladesh and Palestine participated.
· The Party supported the All India General strike on Netaji on 23rd February 2004 called by the Central Trade Unions including TUCC against the anti-working class policies of the union Government and in the defence of their right to strike.
· The Party observed 20th March 2004, the first anniversary of US invasion on Iraq as ‘Anti-Imperialist Day’. The party units have organized protest rallies, corner meetings etc.
· The party organized a mammoth rally and March to Parliament on 8th December 2004 for pressurizing the UPA Govt. to fully implement the CMP, as per the decision of the National Council Meeting held at Madurai, TamilNadu on 4-6 September 2004. The rally was a grand success and it created a new sensation among the political parties of our country. It was a befitting reply to all those who undermined the strength of our party and the influences of Netaji’s charisma in the national politics.
· The party organized ‘Raj Bhawan March’ in the first week of the February 2005 throughout the country as a follow up action of 8th December Delhi rally. The Party launched a nationwide movement for the protection of our culture and against the drug menace and other intoxicants as a Campaigns and Blood Pledge were done between 23rd January 2005 and 31st January 2005 and 31st January throughout the country.
· The party units organized public meetings and rallies on 25th February for mounting pressure on the Government to present a pro-people budget and make necessary allotment to fulfill the tasks enunciated in the CMP.
· The Party observed 19th to 23rd March 2005 as ‘Anti-compromise week’ (19th March: the day Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose organized Anti-compromise Conference at Ramgarh, Bihar in 1940. 23rd March: Martyrdom Day of Bhagat Singh).
· The Party observed 22nd June 2005 as ‘Shangarsh Divas’ for the speedy implementation of the CMP.
· The Party supported and participated in the all India General Strike called by the Central Trade Unions and Employees Federation of 29th September 2005 against the anti-labour and anti working class policies of the UPA government.
· The Party observed ‘Anti imperialist week on 9-14th August 2005.
9th August :Quit India Day---Protest day against exploitation of Multi-National Companies.
11th August : Martyrdom Day of Khudiram Bose---rejuvenate a culture of patriotism and nationalism among the younger generation and to remember the supreme sacrifice of great freedom fighters.
14th August: Anti Partition Day--- Movement against the partition of India increased the miseries of innocent people of India , Pakistan and Bagladesh also launched.
· The Party gave a call to launch an ‘Anti-imperialist Campaign’ from 31st December 2005, the day Netaji hoisted the flag of Azad Hind Sarkar in Andaman and Nicobar islands in 1943 to 23rd January 2006 , the Netaji Jayanti Day.
VI. OUR TASKS AHEAD
1. To give more concentration on enrolling party membership as per constitutional provisions.
2. Set up Primary party comities to get strength at grass root level.
3. To propagate the ideals of Netaji’s and the political philosophy of all India Forward Bloc through vigorous and systematic companion from central to branch level and maintain proper reporting system regularly.
4. All the members should participate in the activities of the party and faithfully carry out the policy, decisions and the directive of the party.
5. Ensure regular (i) Induction of members in the mass fronts (ii) Induction of stable & quality membership in the party (iii) activate mass organization (iv) collective leadership and collective functioning of the party.
6. To encourage, collect and distribute the party levy timely.
7. To increase the circulation of the party organs and literatures and to develop the habit of mass reading of party organs.
8. Ensure correct & adequate role of party members in the mass fronts and the party as well.
9. To develop the culture of fund collection from the mass in order to meet the expenses for organizational activities and movements.
10. To cultivate comradely relations towards one another within the party and be the role models for the society.
11. Organize party schools, leadership training camps for mass fronts and study circle at grass root level.
12. To place the interests of the people and party above personal interests.
13. To organize mass movements relentlessly and give more priority to organize and develop mass organization of the party.
14. While upholding the banner of party ideology, sharpen the consistent fight against the force of secessionism and communalism and to defend the unity and integrity of the nation.