A Precise on All India Youth League (AIYL)
The All India Youth League (AIYL) or the Navjawan Bharat Sabha, with which revolutionary martyr Bhagat Singh and Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose were associated, was established at a historic moment of the struggle for freedom of India. The entire country was full of revolutionary potential and the youth were ready to sacrifice their lives for the case of their motherland. The AIYL is an organization pledged to carry out a programme of activities based on the revolutionary ideals of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on a national level. It aims at strengthening the revolutionary zeal of Indian Youth. It is a non-partisan organization irrespective of caste, class, creed, sex or belief with the ultimate goal of mobilizing and consolidating the youth of India.
The Youth movement of India first developed as a part of the independence movement of the country and a large number of youth sacrificed their lives for the cause of freedom and suffered in human torture in the hands of the British Police including long imprisonment. But at the same time the organized youth movement became the centre of fight of the realization of various demands relating to the problems faced by the youth in the country. It was Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose who gave a definite shape to youth-students movements of the country by his continuous direction for their movements in the twenties and thirties of the present century. All India Youth League is founded on the great ideals of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. The AIYL is committed to wage a relentless struggle for the establishment of a social order which was to be defended against social inequality, capitalistic exploitation, imperialism, authoritarianism and suppression of the workers. The AIYL is dedicated for eradicating the evils of casteism, religious fanaticism, provincialism, narrowness and all kinds of dogmatism. It is pledged to fulfill a great obligation to the Society by acting as an auxiliary force for the establishment of socialism through socialist revolution. The All India Youth League is committed to accelerate the world youth movement and foster the culture bond among the youth of the different countries of the world. After the independence of India from the British colonial yoke, the main direction of the youth movement of India has been changed. The AIYL strongly believes that for the benefit of peasants, workers, youths, students and other toiling masses the establishment of a socialist order is necessary and this can be achieved only through a revolution. The Goal of the youth movement in the country today is to establish socialism and the programme of the movement is directed to fight for it in all possible ways. The youth movement is also fighting for the solution of the burning problems confronting the younger generation of India.
Shahid-E-Azam Bhagat Singh was a originator and pioneer of Youth movement in India. He was the symbol and incarnation of the aspirations and resurgences of the youth of the time. He along with his comrades faced the cruel death by hanging with exemplary fearlessness and courage, one of his comrades, Jatin Das died a martyrs death. Their examples provided tremendous impetus to the extremist movements among the students and youths of India. As a matter of fact, they posed the extremist challenges to the British. Young men in thousands rallied under the banner of the armed struggle for freedom within the Indian National Congress, Subhas Bose founded the Youth Wing and harnessed young men to the task of projecting the new Indian enjoin emancipation from political and economic thralldom. He planned the formation of a Socialist forum in which all organizations would play the most vital role in achieving the goal of political independence and socialism. They would be dedicated soldiers fighting against imperialism and fighting for establishing a new Indian federation based on equality, justice and freedom.
Subhas Chandra Bose called upon the youths to organize themselves to vindicate their rights and to hold aloft the ideals of liberty, equality, fraternity and progress. Youth represents the idealistic part of a nation and it is their innate idealism that would lead them to feel they are members of one great fraternity. The All India Youth League is bound to participate in the political movements to secure and consolidate the socialistic and democratic ideals for the masses.
Appeal to the World Youth:
All India Youth League calls for an action oriented broad based movement of young people, which recognizes its responsibility and strategic role in transforming societies. The AIYL appeals to the youth community of the world:
1. To build a powerful broad based youth movement demanding their inalienable rights for education, employment along with greater opportunities for better involvement in positive cultural, sport and leisure time activities and their participation in decision making and developmental process.
2. Considering the rights of life and future as the most basic element of youth rights to step up the work of anti-nuclear youth coalition effectively reacting to the threat of continuing nuclear build up in the world and for total elimination of nuclear weapon’s for a democratic equitable agreement among nations in collectively developing and providing nuclear technology for safe use in peaceful development and progress.
3. To contribute to the growth of a peace movement against arms build up, military alliances and exercises to divert huge military spending for development of societies and resolving domestic and regional conflicts through peaceful means.
4. To focus greater attention in emancipating the youth and people suffering under undemocratic systems and regimes by expressing solidarity with them and giving them a helping hand in their struggles for human rights civil liberties and political freedom.
5. To join hands with the youth and people all over the world in their fight and resistance against the dangerous industrial, economic and survival of the downtrodden exploited masses.
6. To emphasize in our activities the importance of building bridges between the youth by encouraging practical and higher level of cooperation among themselves as well as various non-governmental and inter-governmental bodies through effective participation.
7. To orient the work and action in developing and maintaining a far greater harmonious relationship with the nature by protecting the environment safeguarding ecological balance preventing epidemics and cautioning the youth of uncontrolled population growth.
AIMS and Objectives of AIYL
The Organisational Structure of the All India Youth League is as follows:
Sanjay Bhattacharya, General Secretary
All India Youth League (AIYL)
28, Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Road, New Delhi-110001
Ph.: 011-23352273, Telefax : 011-23714131