Debabrata Biswas, General Secretary, AIFB
The present BJP rule under the leadership of Mr. Narendra Modi will complete its four years tenure in next month. But this tenure will be remembered for several unprecedented happenings. The rise of fascist force of BJP-RSS combine, ‘Hindutva’ as the core-principle can be felt in every walk of life. This regime is propaganda based. False promises, fabricated or dishonest way of calculating GDP, deceitful budgetary data and least respect to the Parliamentary System have become norms with profit making corporate Media’s support.
Neo-Liberal policies carried on upto new height with fast pace is the hall mark of this rule under the name of Startup India, Standup India, Swachha Bharat, Robust India, Digital India, Make in India, Swift India, Sabka Saath-Sabka Vikas etc. Instead of prioritise health, education, illiteracy, farmers distress, insecure working populations, they gave priority to Swachhata Abhiyan. This government tactfully diverting people’s attention from each and every vital problems generated by neo-liberal policies.
False promises after promises are the habit of the Prime Minister such as to bring back black money stashed abroad and provide Rs. 15 Lakhs, Na Khaunga na Khane Dunga, Make Double the Farmers Income, 2 crore new jobs per year etc. will now haunt this regime because over all performance is slithering beyond limit.
Tall promises to convert our economy as the world’s fastest economy has exposed within the country. Excellent economy, nice GDP figure does not mean job loss, farmers’ suicide and piling of Non-Performing Assets. All these miseries are on the horizon while our rulers hide such scenario. Unabated corruption is seen all around. Big Bank’s scams are bursting. The scammers manage to run away abroad and this government seems toothless. FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) in retail sector is detrimental and millions of self employed people are loosing their livelihood. Cottage industry, small business, ground for self employment etc. have lost sustainability.
“A person from a backward society like me could become PM because of Babasaheb”, PM Modi said on Ambedkar Jayanti 14th April, 2018. He claimed that due to the service of dalits, we came to the power. What happened to Rohit Vemula and countless attack on dalit and minority? Tyranny of cow vigilantes with riot provocation, religious procession is on the top communal agenda of BJP-RSS. Numerous incidents violating rules, laws and the soul of our constitution are seen in several states like Bihar, West Bengal, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi itself. One cannot think of division and further sub-divisions of caste, creed and religion is done proudly.
On foreign policy, our situation has become more superficial. Maximum foreign visits with minimum national interest are the gain of Narendra Modi. His showy attitude of embracing his counterparts seems mockery. Relations with neighbouring countries are the worst comparing to the previous governments.
The worst hit is the dear most our democracy and democratic institutions. During his four years tenure our democratic institutions, autonomous and statutory institutions seized to function properly. The violation of Parliamentary Process, the decency of multi party Parliamentary System and respect of opposition suffer a lot. This situation is unprecedented and unwarranted. To win election by hook or crook is the motto of the BJP applying money and muscle power with government machineries are common picture now-a-days.
The role of Left and Left oriented organisations have become more and more important. We are the followers of great freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandr Bose. All the vital problems affecting our youths, students, farmers, labourers, women and the dignity of constitution, democratic institutions etc. remain unaddressed. The havoc of neo-liberal policies is so lethal that the whole Indian society along with natural resources is being squeezed.
· We firmly oppose such draconian economic policies and demand to withdraw the decisions of FDI in retail and in defence sectors.
· We boldly oppose the highlighted privatisation of public sectors. Withdraw all decisions related to the handing over of the PSUs to the private sectors.
· Withdraw all decisions pertaining to Labour laws which dilute the right of labour.
· Ensure that Government jobs will not be reduced, scrapped or made contractual, and fill up all vacant government jobs and posts without any further delay.
· Stop privatisation and commercialisation of education.
· Introduce a common school system for all.
· Minimum Support Price of at least one and half times the cost of production for all crops and ensure that farmers get this cost for their produce.
· Waive all loans given to farmers, fishermen, artisans.
· Stop privatisation and commercialisation of health services.
· Stop election funding by the corporate sector, even in the guise of separate electoral trusts formed by corporate houses.
· Revive the Women Reservation Bill in the State Legislatures and the Parliament.
· Publicly disclose the names of the big defaulters of public sector banks.
· Disclose the names of all Indians who have accounts in Swiss Banks and other tax havens without delay. Bring back black money as promised by Narendra Modi.