Central Trade Unions in the country have decided to go on One Day General Strike on 2nd September 2016 on 12 Points Charter of Demands submitted to the Central Government as below:-
1. Urgent measures for containing price rise through universalization of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market.
2. Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws.
4. Universal social security cover for all workers.
5. Minimum wage of not less than Rs. 18000/- per month with provisions of indexation (for unskilled worker).
6. Assured enhanced pension not less than 3000 p.m. for the entire working population (including unorganized sector workers).
7. Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/state Public Sector undertakings.
8. Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent/perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as that of regular workers for the same and similar work.
9. Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund and increase in quantum of gratuity.
10. Compulsory registration of Trade Unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting application and immediate ratification of ILO conventions C-87 and C-98.
11. No. FDI in Railways, Defense and other strategic sectors.
12. No unilateral amendment to labour laws.
In support of one day General Strike, All India Forward Bloc members and supporters are called upon “to be on the street make grand success” on 2nd September 2016.