“Forward with Netaji, Save India – Change India”
The 18th Party Congress of All India Forward Bloc was successfully held at Asok Ghosh Nagar (Ramlila Maidan), Kolkata from 12th to 16th December 2018. Com. (Dr.) Barun Mukherjee, senior leader of the party hoisted the Party flag at the Congress venue and the leaders of the party paid floral tributes to the martyrs and garlanded the statue of Netaji and Muthuramalinga Thevar.
The Party Congress began with a decorated mass rally of hundreds of people from Esplanade, near the statue of Lenin and culminated at Ramlila Maidan on 12th December. Com. P.V. Kathiravan, Deputy Chairman of the Party presided over the public meeting as Com. N. Velappan Nair, Chairman of the Party was absent due to ill health. Com. Debabrata Biswas, General Secretary of the Party, Com. G. Devarajan, Secretary and Com. Naren Chatterjee, General Secretary of Bengal Committee have addressed the gathering. A spectacular cultural programme was staged before and after the public meeting.
On 13th December, the delegate session was started. 488 delegates from 22 states and one UT attended the Congress. Com. (Dr.) Barun Mukherjee made the welcome speech as the Chairman of the Reception Committee. Com. Shyamal Roy, secretary of the Party placed the Condolence resolutions. Com. Debabrata Biswas placed the organizational report and the report of the General Secretary. Com. V.P. Saini, Secretary of the Party placed the document on ‘Alternative leadership and Com. G. Devarajan placed the draft national and international political resolutions.
In the afternoon of 13th December, the leaders of the left parties addressed the delegates. Com. Sitaram Yetchury (CPI-M), Com. Amarjeet Kaur (CPI), Com. Kshiti Goswamy (RSP), Com. Partha Ghosh (CPI-ML) and Com. Soumen Basu (SUCI-C) have addressed and opined the necessity of left unity and joint movement. Com. G. Devarajan, conducted the session and read out the Congratulatory messages from different foreign fraternal political parties.
On 14th December and 15th December, the discussion on draft resolutions and other documents were held. 72 delegates took part in the discussion on political resolutions and organizational report. The general Secretary elaborately replied on the discussion on 16th December.
The Party Congress has decided to rejuvenate the organizational activities and to streamline its campaign to ‘Rebuild India in Netaji’s Way’. The Party Congress has decided to organize nationwide movement to propagate the political philosophy of Netaji as an alternative and to popularize the slogan of “Forward with Netaji, Save India – Change India”.
Cultural programmes were held every evening, which enthralled the audience.
The Party Congress thoroughly reviewed the current political situation of the country and places on record its grave concern about the state of affairs of the farmers, workers, youth, women, dalit & adivasis, displaced people and the minorities. The ruling clique is destroying the basic principles of the Constitution of India and trying to make a theocratic nation by negating its time-tested secular traditions. The Party Congress recognized that the current Indian political situation demands an alternative platform of left, secular and democratic parties against the RSS controlled BJP. The BJP regime is systematically changing the socio-political character of the nation. In a democracy, the opposition voice has its own importance. But the ruling party is openly declared that there aim is to create an opposition free India. It indicates their apathy towards democracy. The way it is bypassing the Parliament and issuing ordinances on important policy matters shows the autocratic attitude of the BJP. Moreover along with its communal agenda, the ruling BJP is busy in satiating the interests of the corporates and the rich. The Party Congress has reviewed that the need of the hour is that to strengthen independent and joint mass movement against communalism, fascism and corruption. The AIFB will take all possible steps to strengthen such people’s movements. Therefore the All India Forward Bloc, the party of the patriots has decided to leave no stone unturned to wage and strengthen the people’s movement to oust the Modi regime. It has reviewed that the socio-political situations in different states are varies from each other. Therefore a general and uniform approach throughout the country may not be possible for all the states to developing such platforms. Therefore, the party Congress has decided to develop such political platform against fascism, communalism, corruption and all sorts of divisive political tendencies according to the state political situation and characters.
Fight against imperialism, capitalism and communalism:
As envisaged by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose All India Forward Bloc is committed to fight against all imperialist, capitalist, neo-liberalist and communalism forces of the nation.
The 18th All India Forward Bloc Party Congress resolved to build up broad-based left unity and unity of the democratic, secular forces. Under the leadership of this united force, continuing struggle of the people will lead us to establish socialism in Indian way under Indian condition.
In view of varying political situation in different states, the party state committees will decide their suitable course of action in respect of electoral alliance, in consultation with the party central committee.
The Party Congress has decided to amend the Party Constitution thoroughly. It was decided to organize a Special National Council Meeting of the Party to discuss and amend the Constitution. The proposed National Council will be organized after the ensuing Lok Sabha election.
Build Up People’s Movement. The Party Congress has decided that when the country’s democracy, secularism, constitutional values, personal liberty etc are at peril, the patriotic and democracy loving people cannot sit idle. Therefore, the All India Forward Bloc has to develop its own mass movement to make awareness about the socio-political and economical dangers confronting the nation. All the lower units of the party are requested to draw plan action to popularize the demands of the party and the political philosophy of Netaji. All are requested to develop movement on the following points:-
- Oppose such draconian economic policies and demand to withdraw the decisions of FDI in retail and in defence sectors.
- Check spiraling prices of all essential commodities, medicines and fuels.
- Strengthen universal Public Distribution System.
- Oppose the unbridled privatisation of public sectors. Withdraw all decisions related to the handing over of the PSUs and natural resources to the private sectors.
- Withdraw all decisions pertaining to Labour laws which dilute the right of labour.
- Ensure that Government jobs will not be reduced, scrapped or made contractual, and fill up all vacant government jobs and posts without any further delay.
- Stop privatization, commercialization and communalization of education.
- Introduce a common school system for all.
- Minimum Support Price of at least one and half times the cost of production for all crops and ensure that farmers get this cost for their produce.
- Waive all loans given to farmers, fishermen, artisans.
- Stop privatisation and commercialisation of health services.
- Stop election funding by the corporate sector, even in the guise of separate electoral trusts formed by corporate houses.
- Introduce proportional representation in Assemblies and Parliament.
- Introduce state funding of election
- Withdraw Electronic Voting Machines and reintroduce Ballot papers for conducting election.
- Revive the Women Reservation Bill in the State Legislatures and the Parliament.
- Stop atrocity against women and children.
- Stop attack and discrimination on dalits, adivasis, OBCs and minorities.
- Publicly disclose the names of the big defaulters of public sector banks.
- Disclose the names of all Indians who have accounts in Swiss Banks and other tax havens without delay. Bring back black money as promised by Narendra Modi.
- Resist all sorts of imperialist machinations and attack on our sovereignty.
- Save democracy, save secularism and save Constitution and
- Declare January 23 (Netaji’s birthday) as ‘Deshprem Diwas’
- Forward with Netaji, Save India, Change India.
New Central Committee
The 18th Party Congress of All India Forward Bloc has elected the following Central Committee:-
- Chairman Com. N. Velappan Nair (Kerala)
- Dy. Chairman Com. P.V. Kathiravan (Tamilnadu)
- General Secretary Com. Debabrata Biswas (West Bengal)
- Finance Secretary Com. Naren Chatterjee (West Bengal)
- Secretaries Com. G. Devarajan(Kerala)
- Com. Dr.Barun Mukherjee (West Bengal)
- Com. Jayanta Roy (West Bengal)
- Com. Naren Dey (West Bengal)
- Com. Hafiz Alam Sairani (West Bengal)
- Com. Bir Singh Mahato (West Bengal)
- Com. Shyamal Roy (Tripura)
- Com. G.R.Shivashankar (Karnataka)
- Com. V.P. Saini (Punjab)
- Com. G.H. Fernandez (Maharashtra)
- Com. Gobinda Roy (West Bengal)
- Invitee Com. Jyoti Ranjan Mahapatra (Odisha)
- Invitee Com. Banda Surender Reddy (Telengana)
- Invitee Com. Amresh Kumar (Bihar)
Central Committee Members
- Com. S.N. Singh Chouhan (UP)
- Com. Harish Gupta (UP)
- Com. Rameshwar Chounda (Maharashtra)
- Com. Dharmender Kr. Verma (Delhi)
- Com. Purna Chandra Padhi (Odisha)
- Com. Dharmender Kumar (Bihar)
- Com. America Mahato (Bihar)
- Com. Arun Mondal (Jharkhand)
- Com. D.K. Sharma (Haryana)
- Com. V.Rammohan (Kerala)
- Com. K.R. Brahmanandan (Kerala)
- Com. T. Manoj Kumar (Kerala)
- Com. Paresh Sarkar (Tripura)
- Com. C.Muthuramalingam (Tamilnadu)
- Com. S.Karnan (Tamilnadu)
- Com. K. Subburaj (Tamilnadu)
- Com. R. Tirupathy (Tamilnadu)
- Com. Jiban Saha (West Bengal)
- Com. Ganesh Ram (West Bengal)
- Com. Haripada Biswas (West Bengal)
- Com. Purnima Biswas (West Bengal)
- Com. Doli Roy (West Bengal)
- Com. Ali Imran Ramz (West Bengal)
- Com. Akshay Thakur (West Bengal)
- Com. Nishikanta Mehta (West Bengal)
- Com. Khomdrom Gyaneshwar Singh (Manipur)
- Com. P.V. Sundara Ramaraju (Andhra Pradesh)
- Com. Arun Pratap Singh (Madhya Pradesh)
- Com. Jagan Yadav (Punjab)
- Com. Horen Borgohain (Assam)
- Com. Rajkumar Dowarah (Assam)
- Com. Mihir Nandi (Assam)
- Com. J.J. Singh (Himachal Pradesh)
- Com. Amjad Ali Buhroo (J&K)
- Com. Manzoor (J&K)
- Com. Nagaratna (Karnataka)
- Com. Raghav Saran Sharma (AIAKS) (UP)
- Com. Mitalee Gupta (AIAMS) (Tamilnadu)
- Com. Soumyadip Sarkar (AISB) (West Bengal)
- Com. Rajat Kumar Das (Social Media) (West Bengal)